A new school year starts with a unit to understand Geometric Applications in 8th Grade. After starting an Interactive Notebook for 8th Grade Math, this unit not only provides the Flippables (foldable activities) but also items necessary to complete your INB lessons.
Please download the preview file above for a closer look at what’s included!
**Looking to save on the FULL YEAR? Check out the Eighth Grade Math Interactive Notebook here!**
The Geometric Applications Interactive Notebooks Unit Includes:
- Vocabulary Frayer Models for Unit Vocabulary
- Standards Alignment for TEKS, Common Core (CCSS), and Oklahoma Achievement Standards (OAS)
- Teacher Directions for each Interactive Notebook Activity
- Suggestions for Right Side (Output) Activities and/or Reflection Activities for each lesson
- Pictures of Flippables and/or INB Lesson in action
- Proving Pythagorean Theorem
- Real World Pythagorean Theorem
- Pythagorean Theorem with Irregular Figures (Composite Figures)
- Distance on a Coordinate Grid
- Area and Perimeter of Figures on a Coordinate Plane
- What is Volume?
- Modeling Volume with Rectangular Prisms
- Volume of Cones, Cylinders and Spheres
- Area and Volume Task Cards
- Surface Area in the Real World
- Surface Area of Prisms
- Surface Area of a Cylinder
What is This Aligned to?
All activities are aligned to Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and meant to be able to be used in any classroom.
- CCSS: 5.MD.5a, 5.MD.5b, 6.G.2, 6.G.4, 7.G.6, 8.G.6, 8.G.7, 8.G.8 and 8.G.9
- TEKS: 6.8d, 7.9d, 8.1c, 8.1d, 8.6a, 8.6b, 8.6c, 8.7a, 8.7b, and 8.7c
- OAS: PA.GM.1.1, PA.GM.1.2, PA.GM.2.1, PA.GM.2.2, PA.GM.2.3 and PA.GM.2.4
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭
You are purchasing a non-editable PDF. Changes, additions and edits cannot be made to it.
Upon completion of purchasing, you will be directed to download your files. An email will also be sent to you with a link to your file(s). Please check your spam email filter as sometimes these emails wind up in there. The reason for creating an account is that it will enable you to have access to unlimited downloads in your “Downloads” folder.