Are you looking for Math Workshop Activities to use in your classroom that will not only allow you to make the best use of your planning time but also allow you to easily implement Math Workshop because the planning is already done for you?
Within the 24 Weekly Units, you will have 8 activities provided to you each week for you to pick and choose or even allow a choice among your students to determine which activities they want to work on each week.
These low-prep activities will also allow you to spend less time prepping each week and more time spending time with your students in Guided Math, having math conference, or assessing students.
After many years of using Math Workshop, I dreamt about having a year-long product that was done for me and I could simply pull the activities as needed and this was the culmination of this idea.
Included in This Download* for Sixth Grade Math Workshop is:
- 24 Weeks of Concept and Activity Maps for Easy Planning
- 24 Weeks of Teacher Instructions
- Labels for Each Activity (with and without the TEKS objectives listed)
- 192 Activities to Cover Concepts and Standards for the Grade Level
- Videos for Teachers to Cover Implementation of Activities, Tips & Strategies (Coming Fall 2019)
*This is the current list for what will be included upon completion. Make sure to view the Timeline to know the expected dates for future download updates.
Concepts Included Are:
- Locating Numbers on a Number Line
- Classifying Numbers
- Ordering Rational Numbers
- Absolute Value
- Multiplying Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Integer Operations
- Order of Operations
- Evaluating Expressions
- Writing Expressions
- Properties of Operations
- Writing One-Step Equations
- Solving One-Step Equations
- Modeling One-Step Equations
- Determining Values of Equations
- Writing One-Step Inequalities
- Solving One-Step Inequalities
- Modeling One-Step Inequalities
- Determining Values of Inequalities
- Modeling Percents
- Benchmark Fractions and Percents
- Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Conversions
- Equivalent Fraction, Decimals, and Percents
- Intro to Rate
- Unit Rate
- Rate of Speed
- Equivalent Ratios
- Tape Diagram Ratios
- Ratio Models
- Ratio Problem Solving
- Independent and Dependent Variables
- Equations with Independent and Dependent Variables
- Multiplicative and Additive Relations
- Converting Measurements
- Modeling Area
- Area of Composite Figures
- Write and Solve for Area
- Write and Solve for Volume
- Graph in 4 Quadrants
- Dot Plot
- Stem and Leaf Plot
- Box Plot
- Statistical Questions
- Measures of Variability
- Measures of Center
More information can be found here if you have questions.
Personal Copyright: The purchase of this product allows you to use these activities in your personal classroom for your students. You may continue to use them each year but you may not share the activities with other teachers unless additional licenses are purchased. The license for this purchase is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Site and District Licenses are also available.
Copyright © Smith Curriculum and Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: With the purchase of this file you understand that this file is not editable in any way. You will not be able to manipulate the lessons and/or activities inside to change numbers and/or words.