Establishing Math Workshop is one of the key ingredients in a Guided Math block in your math classes. Math Workshop allows for you to facilitate independent and individualized learning in a small group setting. While you are working with a small group for Guided Math, or facilitating math conferences 1-on-1, the other students in your classroom are engaged in a variety of tasks.
Throughout the course of this eBook I go into the ways that I was able to implement Math Workshop (student directed small groups) and Guided Math (teacher directed small groups) in my 7th and 8th grade classrooms for several years.
Please download the PREVIEW FILE to read an excerpt from the eBook to gather a taste of what is included!
Would you rather have your own PRINT COPY of Establishing Math Workshop? Simply click here and we can ship one to you today!
The concepts covered in Establishing Math Workshop in the Middle Grades include:
- What is Math Workshop?
- Organization of Math Workshop
- Managing Math Workshop
- Preparation Tips and Strategies
- Managing Students Work while Working with a Small Group
- How to Set up Your Small Groups (Guided Math)
- Planning Your Small Groups (Guided Math)
- Differentiating during your Small Groups (Guided Math)
- Working Smarter, Not Harder with Math Workshop
- 5 Ways to Use Task Cards as a Component of Math Workshop
- 7 Reasons to Use Math Centers (Math Workshop) in Middle Grades
- Grading and Math Workshop…. How Does it Work? and
- Recommended Further Reading for Math Workshop
And as an additional BONUS, the download includes over 20 EDITABLE files for you to use to keep your Math Workshop organized and flowing smoothly in your classroom day in and day out.
- Math Workshop Station Labels for Sterlite Large Latch Bins
- Math Workshop Weekly Planning Sheets (MATH, TIME, BUILD, and STACK- 4 pages)
- Station Rotation Boards (MATH, TIME, BUILD, and STACK- 4 pages)
- Math Workshop Observations Checklist
- Guided Math Workshop Lesson Plan
- Guided Math Small Group Setup (Students and Concepts Covered)
- Guided Math Small Group Observations for Student
- Guided Math Small Group Observation for Group
- Weekly Station Student Reflection (also printable form)
- Math Conference Sheets (2)
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭
You are purchasing a non-editable PDF eBook. Changes, additions and edits cannot be made to it. You are also purchasing a set of editable PDF bonus files. Edits can be made to these in pre-created spots.
Upon completion of purchasing, you will be directed to download your files. An email will also be sent to you with a link to your file(s). Please check your spam email filter as sometimes these emails wind up in there. The reason for creating an account is that it will enable you to have access to unlimited downloads in your “Downloads” folder.