These Whole Latte Problem Solving Task Cards will allow you to review multiple problem solving skills with a Valentine’s Day theme. The various skills presented allow students to focus on answering the question that is being asked through a variety of different strategies but also with problems that will make them think twice.
Perfect for use in math centers or as a problem of the day, these task cards will have students engaged in their thinking and double checking their work!
Please download the preview file above for a closer look at what’s included!
This download includes:
- Table of Contents
- Teacher Directions
- Student Directions
- Learning Goal Poster
- 12 Task Cards (each with a problem as well as an EXTRA piece to solve as well)
- Student Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
Students will focus on:
- Making sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Solving real-life and mathematical problems by reasoning and modeling.
- Apply properties of operations as strategies to solve word problems.
Looking for Other Problem Solving Resources?
- Problem Solving with the Halflings
- Multi Step Problem Solving Addition and Subtraction
- Multi Step Problem Solving Multiplication and Division
- Armed Forces Problem Solving Task Cards
- Multi Step Solve and Snip
All activities are aligned to Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and meant to be able to be used in any classroom.
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭
You are purchasing a non-editable PDF. Changes, additions and edits cannot be made to it.
Upon completion of purchasing, you will be directed to download your files. An email will also be sent to you with a link to your file(s). Please check your spam email filter as sometimes these emails wind up in there. The reason for creating an account is that it will enable you to have access to unlimited downloads in your “Downloads” folder.
Kyle Shipley (verified owner) –
I love the math cards with the cute coffee theme.