A new school year starts with a unit to understand the Common Core Expressions and Equations in 8th Grade. After starting an Interactive Notebook for 8th Grade Math, this unit not only provides the Flippables (foldable activities) but also items necessary to complete your INB lessons.
Please download the preview file above for a closer look at what’s included!
**Looking to save on the FULL YEAR? Check out the Eighth Grade Math Interactive Notebook here!**
The Expressions and Equations Interactive Notebooks Unit Includes:
- Vocabulary Frayer Models for Unit Vocabulary
- Standards Alignment for TEKS, Common Core (CCSS), and Oklahoma Achievement Standards (OAS)
- Teacher Directions for each Interactive Notebook Activity
- Suggestions for Right Side (Output) Activities and/or Reflection Activities for each lesson
- Pictures of Flippables and/or INB Lesson in action
- Translating Numerical Expressions
- Parts of an Expression
- Expressions from Real World Problems
- Equivalent Expressions
- Solving Equations
- Exponent Review
- Properties of Exponents
- Simplifying Exponent Expressions
- Identifying Square Roots and Perfect Squares
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Non-Perfect Squares and Cubes
- Understanding Scientific Notation
- Comparing Scientific Notation
- Adding and Subtracting Scientific Notation
- Multiplying and Dividing Scientific Notation
- Writing 2-Step Equations
- Solving 2-Step Equations
- Problem Solving with Equations
- Writing Inequalities
- Graphing Inequalities
- Problem Solving with Inequalities
- One, Many and No Solutions
- Solving Linear Equations
- Classifying Rational Numbers
- Converting Rational Number Systems Activity
What is This Aligned to?
All activities are aligned to 8th Grade Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and meant to be able to be used in any 8th grade classroom.
CCSS: 6.EE.2a, 6.EE.2b, 6.EE.2c, 6.EE.3, 7.EE.4, 7.EE.4a, 7.EE.4b, 8.NS.1, 8.NS.2, 8.EE.1, 8.EE.2, 8.EE.3, 8.EE.4, 8.EE.7a, and 8.EE.7b
TEKS: 6.2, 6.7a, 6.7b, 6.7c, 6.7d, 6.9a, 6.9b, 7.11a, 8.2a, 8.2b, 8.2c, 8.8a, 8.8c, 8.9, A.11a, and A2.6b
OAS: 7.A.3.1, PA,A.3.1, PA.A.4.2, PA.A.4.3, PA.N.1.1, PA.N.1.2, PA.N.1.3, PA.N.1.4, PA.N.1.5, and A1.A.3.4
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭
You are purchasing a non-editable PDF. Changes, additions and edits cannot be made to it.
Upon completion of purchasing, you will be directed to download your files. An email will also be sent to you with a link to your file(s). Please check your spam email filter as sometimes these emails wind up in there. The reason for creating an account is that it will enable you to have access to unlimited downloads in your “Downloads” folder.