I am so excited to finally be linking up for Monday Made It! I’ve made things over and over again but never linked up! Silly me!
So this week, I am taking my love of organization and love of Washi tape and finally making something that I “pinned” over a year ago for sure. (I know this because I featured it on my blog last summer as a Friday Fav.) And with that, I am also going to link up with Optimum Organization!
So let’s get on with today’s project! What you will need is simple: binder clips of ANY size and Washi Tape (or if you are at my house, it’s Wasabi Tape… he, he)
So, now that you have your materials together (what? you don’t own dozens of rolls of Washi Tape in all different patterns? Well, you need to fix that! Some of my fav places are here, here and here for some killer deals!) you will simply need to do the following steps…
1. Tear of multiple strips of washi tape slightly larger than the binder clip. For the 1″ binder clips, I needed two strips and the larger binder clips needed four strips.
2. Fold back the clips and stick the first piece of Washi Tape all the way down in the crevice with edges hanging over both sides.
3. Snip the tape at the bend in the binder clip.
4. Fold the “tails” of the tape inside your binder clip. I pushed mine inside the clip with the end of a mechanical pencil.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 on the the other side of your binder clip.
Voila! It’s as simple as that and there is really NO MESSING this up! You can create until your heart’s content, or until your run out of supplies and have to buy more binder clips… or more washi tape!
Extra tidbits of info: If you have thin washi tape, you might want to do a second layer so the color of the binder clip doesn’t peek through the tape.
Hope you enjoyed this little Monday Made It project! Don’t forget to head on over to 4th Grade Frolic’s blog to check out the other lovely projects this week! Hope to see you back for another Monday Made It soon!